Campbell Scientific is recognised as a trusted leader in environmental and infrastructure measurement and control systems, providing accurate, reliable data for research and industry.
Campbell Scientific Australia is now recruiting for a dynamic Application Engineer, based in Australia’s largest tropical city, Townsville. Our Application Engineers play a vital role providing pre and post sales technical support and advice on a wide range of applications of our products in markets including meteorology, micrometeorology, hydrology, geo-technology, mining, industrial and agricultural. Learn more about what we do at Campbell Scientific Australia.
Our Application Engineers provide our customers with reliable and accurate technical solutions for a great range of applications for when measurements matter. From flood warning systems, infrastructure monitoring to remote meteorological stations, we take great pride in the work we do. Our customers trust our products and expertise to provide critical data under the toughest environmental conditions..
- Degree qualification in Engineering/Science and/or programming qualifications or an equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong alignment to our values.
- Passion for technology.
- Well organised with demonstrated ability to prioritise work under own initiative within guidelines/frameworks.
- Experience in working with diverse communication technologies.
- Commercial awareness and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Experience with Campbell Scientific products and/or solutions.
- Interest or experience in the hydrology market.
- Experience in working with Modbus and similar industry protocols.
- Experience in software programming, CR Basic well regarded.
- Commit to our values of Respect, Integrity, Pride, Expertise, and Teamwork.
- Provide hardware and software support for new and existing customers.
- Provide pre and post sales technical support to customers including but not limited to complex system design and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide specialist support on data logger communications, including ethernet connections, serial communications, PPP connections, internet protocols and satellite/radio/GPRS/other communications technologies.
- Write complex data logger programs as part of sold engineering time.
- Provide accurate and timely customer quotes to facilitate the completion of orders.
- Document and build on library files for internal training on programming and technical support practices.
- Represent the Company in a friendly, helpful and professional way at all times.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the Company’s products, services and internal processes.
- Maintain and develop strong long-term relationships with new and existing customers so that we continue to sell existing and new services to them.
- Infrequent travel may be required as part of this role, including overnight stops for field work at remote sites within Australia and/or to parent company based in Logan, Utah.
- When required, perform any other reasonable duties consistent with the role of technical support engineer/application engineer.
Living in Townsville:
Sunny Townsville is Australia’s largest tropical city, as well as a departure point for the Great Barrier Reef, Magnetic Island, the Savannahs and country towns of the outback. It is also home to over 180,000 residents, so you’ll never run out of things to do, or people to meet. The city boasts 300 days of sunshine each year, and a variety of national sporting events, markets, cultural activities, and art galleries. The Whitsunday Islands, West Savannahs and the real Australian outback are all accessible from the city.
We love the great outdoors and northern Queensland provides the ideal base for a variety of recreational activities including rainforest hikes, mountain biking, snorkelling or scuba diving on the Reef as well as interacting with native Australian animals. Not only is Townsville small enough to avoid the hustle and bustle of big city life, it’s also large enough to have all the facilities you’ll need. The cost of living in Townsville is low compared to major Australian capital cities, allowing you to get out and enjoy the many events and activities the region has to offer.
Video | My Kind of Place
What we offer:
- Be part of a successful company based in Townsville for over 25 years
- Dynamic learning environment
- Get to work and keep up with the latest technologies
- Good benefits with a culture focused on people
- Ability to visit our parent company in Logan, Utah
- Scope to become a specialist in particular areas and be supported to do so
Please submit your resume and a cover letter (including salary expectations) to email@example.com.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Adam Parsons or Gavin Hewitt by calling (07) 4401 7700.