The CS515 Fuel Moisture & Fuel Temperature Sensor was developed for use with our RAWS-F Fire Weather Quick Deployment Station. The sensor consists of a CS505 Fuel Moisture Probe, a CS205 fuel temperature stick, and a 107-QD Thermistor. The CS515-QD and 107-QD probes have a military style connector instead of pigtails that connect to the RAWS-F.
Fuel temperature is measured by inserting the thermistor-based 107 probe inside of the CS205 dowel, while the CS505 Fuel Moisture Sensor uses the TDR method to measure the moisture content of a USFS-specified, 10-hour, ponderosa pine dowel.
- Connects to the RAWS-F Quick Deployment Fire Weather Station
- Measures fuel temperature via the 107 probe & CS250 dowel
- Measures moisture content of USFS-specified, 10-hour, Ponderosa pine dowel
- Dowel dimensions are the same as those used in fuel moisture racks
- Dowel is easily replaced in the field
- Fuel moisture stick weight: 0.1 lb
- Dowel dimensions: 4.5" length, 0.5" diameter
- Fuel moisture operating range: 0 to 70% moisture content
- Fuel moisture accuracy: ±1% rms @ 0 to 10% moisture content; ±2.4% rms @ 30 to 40%