The 108 is a general purpose sensor that can be used to accurately measure the temperature of a variety of media, most commonly air, water, and soil.
The 108 consists of a thermistor encapsulated in a cylindrical aluminium housing. The probe measures temperature from -5° to +95°C and is designed for durability and ease of installation/removal.
- Measures air, soil, or water temperature
- Incorporates a thermistor as the active element
- Recommended for -5° to +95°C temperature range
- Naturally aspirated radiation shield recommended when exposed to sunlight
- Sensor: BetaTherm 100K6A1B Thermistor
- Tolerance: ±0.2°C over 0° to 70°C range
- Temperature Measurement Range: -5° to +95°C
- Steinhart-Hart Equation Error (CRBasic loggers only): ≤±0.01°C over measurement range
- Polynomial Linearization Error (Edlog loggers only): typically
- Time Constant in Air: 30 to 60 seconds in a wind speed of 5 m/sec